Monday, January 22, 2007

This weekend

This was a very long weekend, full of activities. On Friday we had the second activity with the new students from GWU. We went out for dinner and for some drinks. We ate at Fabrica de la Cerveza, in Genova. I have to say I thought that the food was average (is average a 5 in the ratings?) and after that we went out for some drinks to the bars in Alonso Martinez. They offered us a shot and drinks for 4€ in a bar called Dolce, and we got in. The bar wasn't that good, but we had a great time.

On Saturday morning we went to Ikea. For all of you who haven't been to Ikea, this is the kind of store where you are going to spend the whole morning, the whole afternoon, or both! We had to furnish my brother's new apartment in Sanchinarro, a three bedroom apartment, plus the kitchen and the living room. We were lucky because thanks to the real estate office and my sister and Miguel Ángel, we already had an accurate list of things to buy. After Ikea, we went to Miro (Spanish version of Best Buy, but with an awesome name… my last name!) to buy a fridge and a washing machine. Guess how much money we spent on all the furniture (beds, coach, linens, kitchen items…) and the appliances??? 2,500€!!! Isn't it wonderful Ikea? For lunch we went to Gino's, a cheap chain of Italian restaurants. We had a very tasty Caesar salad to share and as a main dish I had a great plate of fettuccini with spicy seafood. And for dessert, I shared with my sister a chocolate fondant with vanilla icecream.

This weekend was also siesta weekend. On Saturday and Sunday I took very long ones. I am not a siesta fan, but if I need one, I take it. My problem is how tired and confused I wake up after one. It is funny because it is always someone calling that wakes me up, and I feel so delirious that it looks like I am under the influence of some drug; but trust me, it is only that you are waking me up from my siesta!

After the wonderful Saturday afternoon siesta, my friends Guille and Fer came home for dinner. I hate eating alone, and they came to make me feel better! We had some amazing Jamón Serrano (a 5J's one), some "gulas" with shrimp and fried eggs, a big plate of pasta with blue cheese sauce and some salad. After dinner more friends came over, and we all had some drinks before going to Habana 13. In Habana 13 we met up with more people (Fer García, Alberto) plus the new Americans. We had fun with Caco, tried to play some darts (too many people to play), and after that we went to Tex-Mex. It was too crowded, but we had a good time. At 5.00 am it was time to go back home.

Sunday morning I met some Gdub students at Puerta de Toledo to walk around El Rastro. At the end it was only me and 2 of the girls. The rest of the people were sleeping! That is what I did after the walk, my precious siesta! At night my parents came back from Manresa (dad) and from Florence (mom). We had a wonderful cheese fondue, and I went to bed.


Picture with Chema, Tori, Alejandra and Miry


Los hombres


Pinar de Chamartín pride!


Do I really need to do this?


Fer and friends at Habana 13

No comments: