Monday, January 29, 2007

My weekend

This last weekend was a great one. I wasn’t feeling really active, but at the end, we did a lot of things. On Friday night I was invited to go to the theatre with all the GWU students in Madrid. We went to see a flamenco performance by the company of Francisco Velasco. Velasco is the former First Dancer of the Spanish National Ballet, and now he has started his own company. The performance had two parts: the first one was an anthology of flamenco dances, while the second one was a play called “Cachorro”. Beautiful screenplay, with great dancers, great cantaores (flamenco singers), and great instruments (2 spanish guitars and a drummer). That night I wasn’t feeling like going out. The day before, Thursday, I had been to Palacio de Gaviria, and all I could think about was getting to bed.



Program of the festival Cartografía de la danza

On Saturday morning I had to go to English classes. After lunch, I watch TV for a while and I called my friends from college. They were meeting at Jorge’s apartment, and I went over there. They had had a Computer Architecture exam an hour before (yeah, we have tests on Saturdays) and they didn’t want to talk about computers at all, so we spent the afternoon playing cards, computers and board games. At night Lola called me, and told me that she was having people over for a party. It was supposed to be a party for Isabel, Lola’s friend who left on Sunday for England. But it was a good excuse too to present Lola’s new acquisition hahaha. He is a really nice guy, who studies what intelligent people study (computer science), and with a great sense of humour. After some drinks I had to leave to go to Habana 13. I was meeting Fer, Alan and Esther there for Tola’s birthday. Tola is a friend of Fer from Batan (a neighbourhood in the south of Madrid) and even though his bday is next week, we were celebrating it last weekend. We had a lot of fun, and when we closed Habana 13 I decided to go back home.

Yesterday wasn’t that exciting. In the morning I went to the apartment my parents are renting in Sanchinarro (a new neighbourhood in the north of Madrid). They bought I while ago but they decided to rent it now. During this past week we have been furnishing it and getting everything together. The final result was great. After lunch, me and my parents went to the movies to see Flags of Our Fathers and we went to mass. That was all for the weekend, and after a quick dinner, I went to bed.

No comments: