Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Google Patent and my dad

Google Patent, as many tools developed by Google, is a major time killer. And as part of my boring time in the office, I started looking for patents by people I know. I couldn’t find anyone, until I tried with my dad. I suddenly found that my dad work works! He is one of the inventors (wauh!!) of “A process to obtain a new thermostable and neutral .alpha.-amylase by cultivating a strain selected from micro-organisms Bacillus sp. NCIB 11887 or NCIB 11886, or any of the mutants thereof, at temperatures from 50.degree. to 70.degree. C.” The patent was filed in 1984 and issued in 1987, and the group of inventors was formed by Maria Fe Elia, Pedro Miró (my dad) and Eulalia Pares. If anyone is interested, the link above takes you to a very complete description in Google Patent.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.