Friday, August 18, 2006

tu or usted?

Hello!

How are you doing? I am doing pretty well. Today has been (so far) a very good day. This morning I didn’t have many things to do, so I had a lot of spare time. Then, before lunch, Paco grabbed me and Miguel, and gave us a speech about the future. At least now we know how the future is going to be (I won’t tell you how is winning next Survivors!). I was telling a friend how I don’t like people treating other people “too friendly” in the office. This is not going to be the army, but I agree with establishing some respect between the people. I won’t treat you in a informal way, but I don’t want you to treat me in a informal way.

In Spain there are 2 ways of saying YOU. There is “tú” which is informal YOU and “usted” which is formal YOU. It is sad, but we are losing “usted”. People don’t want to be treated as “usted” (I don’t get it, but it’s the truth) and they don’t treat other people as “usted”. There was an article the other day on Babelia, the cultural magazine by El País, talking about how we are losing such an important word… it is a shame.

Well, after this speech (I hope it wasn’t more boring than the one by my boss :P), I will tell you that I may spend this weekend in Burgos with some friends. Last weekend we couldn’t go (we decided not to go Friday afternoon…) and I hope it doesn’t happen again today!! Not much more to say. I hope you all have a great weekend,

Xevi

1 comment:

Unknown said...

bon cap de setmana