Monday, October 16, 2006

Weekend in Zaragoza

Great weekend in Zaragoza. It was the Virgen del Pilar festival, and it didn’t disappoint us. We left on Friday, after some “misiones”, and we got to Zaragoza for dinner. We had a wonderful evening at Luis uncle’s. It is funny how small the world is, because we realized that Luis’ uncle and I are related (our families come from Vic, a town in Barcelona). After that we went back to the car, change some clothes, brush our teeth (I don’t know why we didn’t do it in the apartment haha), and got ready to go out.
Zaragoza has a population of 660.000 people, but during this last week there were more than 1.500.000 people in town. After going out on Friday, we got some sleep until lunch on Saturday. We walked the city, and had lunch at a tapa’s bar. We spent the afternoon between parks and great shows on the streets. That’s something I love, seeing performances on the street, and during this past weekend we saw some wonderful ones.
Yesterday, after waking up late again (you know, when you go out too much…) I visited by my own the Catedral del Salvador, Zaragoza’s second cathedral, in addition to El Pilar Basilica. I have to say that it was the most beautiful thing I saw in the whole trip! Gorgeous. We had lunch (if we were in the States, you could have said we had dinner haha), and drove back to Madrid. Thank you Luis (the organizer), Guille, Javi, Teresi, Maria, Laura and Gato.

PS. I have some pictures and the camera here, but I don't have the wire to connect it to the computer...

No comments: