Monday, October 02, 2006

European Truck Racing Cup (Jarama)

Great weekend for all of us. Lots of motor sports, going outs and great eating. This weekend we had the 20th Spanish Truck Grand Prix in Jarama speed track near Madrid. CEPSA, the company my dad works for, was sponsoring the event. We got 7 VIP passes for Saturday and Sunday. It is amazing seeing how much people this kind of events can mobilize. On Saturday, Lola, Guille, Luiso and I went to track, where we met Miguel Angel (my brother in law), Alex (his nephew) and Julian (my brother in law’s bother in law!). We enjoy Clio races and truck races. We walked trough the paddocks, and have a great meal by Araceli (a restaurant in San Agustin de Guadalix). First race of the weekend: Antonio Albacete, the guy racing for CEPSA, won it! Great result for the company, and for the driver, who is very close to renew his European championship.

On Sunday it was me and 6 of my friends going to the track: Guille, Luis, Miguel, Bea (Miguel’s girlfriend), Ramiro, Wippy and I. Wonderful day, lots of fun, and the same result as the day before: Albacete won the race. I got an autograph by Albacete, and lots of pictures. Here you have a link to the classification for this year’s FIA European Truck Racing Cup. They haven’t updated this last weekend results, but before that, Albacete was already in the lead. Hope you had a great weekend too:

Xevi

No comments: