Thursday, October 26, 2006

My second job

Hello!

How are you doing? Today I am going to talk about my second job. Here, in Produban, I am only working 5 hours a day, which is from 8am to 1pm. I like it this way, cause this makes me wake up early in the morning (7am… yeah, awful), but by 1.30pm I am home and I can have a wonderful homemade meal. So in the afternoon I wanted to find some part time job.

Guille told me about this job in Cirque du Soleil. They were hiring people who could speak foreign languages, and willing to work with a multicultural crew. Yeah, that was me! Well, I think they didn’t think the same way I think (3 “think”s in a sentence!). We rule out that option. Then I realized I could give private lessons for kids in my neighbourhood! Definitely that was a good idea.

I started looking for people who needed help with their math/physics/chemistry/English/computer class. Haha, I am kind of a 21st Century Leonardo da Vinci. First I got Beita and Marga. They are both girls who go to my church. And they both needed help with their 2º Bachillerato (last grade before getting to college) Physics class. I’m not going to lie. I will say 2º Bachillerato Physics sucks, it is not interesting, and is not easy: Simple harmonic motion, Complex harmonic motion, Waves, Magnetic/Electrial/Electromagnetic fields, introduction to 20th Century Physics… But these girls are very nice, they pay me well, and at least I get to refresh all this unused information I had in my head.

These two girls were the first to find, but not the only to find. Then Luis told me he wanted to take English lessons, and we started last Tuesday. Last two incorporations have been kids Guille was helping with their math class. Today I have the first class with one of them. You can see I will have a pretty busy schedule, but I’ll be making money $$$. Take care,

Xevi

1 comment:

Luis said...

Y ya se pronunciar schedule!!!!!

Pedazo de profe que tenemos Marga, Bea, heredados de Guille y yo.

Besitos