Monday, September 11, 2006

My weekend

How are you doing? I am back to the office, Monday morning. This weekend was fantastic, with lots of things done. On Friday we went out with the Americans. Miguel chose a place close to El Retiro called El Escondite. Great restaurant. We weren’t surprised seeing all the bottles of wine and the mugs of beers and sangria being drunk hahaha! We walked back to Alonso Martinez, and even though it was quite empty, we went into the old Botellita, now known as Fog. We had lots of fun that night. Note that Andres, my workmate, came with some friends.
On Saturday I had a more relaxing day. I had lunch at my sister’s apartment in Embajadores. The first dish was a stew with peas (9/10) and Buitoni pasta, which is a great dish when talking to Mr. Miró Bruix. Even though there was ensaimada for dessert, I was so full that I couldn’t do any better than taste a small piece. I have to say that Miguel Angel (my sisters husband) is a great cook (and a great person, a great architect, a great gardener… haha). On Saturday night we had dinner at Luis house to celebrate his birthday with Guille and Maria. I stopped by Caco’s bar (Habana 13), and then I went to Joy Eslava to say hi to Rebecca, the American birthday girl. By 5.30 I was back home.
Yesterday we went to El Retiro with the Americans, and we enjoyed the boats and the jugglers. Before dinner I went with Russell to see the game between Madrid and Levante in a bar, and last night I watched a movie at home. Great weekend I had!

No comments: