Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Xmas in Spain

Good morning everyone!!!
I am so happy of all the emails i have received from all of you! here everything as going great. On Christmas Day we had a lunch at my grandmas, with my greatgrandmother's brother, his daughter, my uncle, a friend of my uncle, my parents, my sister and her fiance and me. First some appetizers, then soup with meat inside, then fish pudding (i dont know how do you call this... maybe seafood pudding?) and then stuffed chicken with raisins and pine nuts. yes, after all this we were about to die. In the afternoon (well, for you may be at night, because it was 6 pm) we drove to Manresa, my fathers town, close to Barcelona. That is where my grandparents live, so we also stayed for a while with my father's family in Xmas Day. Then, drove back to Barcelona for dinner, and sleep after a long day.
Yesterday was Saint Stephen the Martyr Day, which is a Holiday in Catalunya (the region of Barcelona). Every year we used to get together with my greatgrandma, but after her death a couple of weeks ago, we didnt do it thos year. Instead, everyone came again to my aunt and my uncle's to have lunch together (i am staying with them these days). They are really good cooks, so another they of gaining weights (or at least trying to...). Then at night it was movie night, and we saw "The War of the Worlds" (the softest thing about this movie is that it is bad) and "Saw" (a good thriller, but to scary for me!).
Today my parents were driving up to France, but i decided i was staying here. too lazy...
Have a good day!!!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

no pictures of your family's collection of jamon serrano?? who got the most jamones?
your fans are eagerly awaiting!!
post more picturessss
mas fotos mas fotos
bsos
m

Anonymous said...

As it seems that Xevi isn't saying who has won the "jamones" contest I'll let you know that me (Nuria, his sister) and my fiance have won the contest. Noone has been even close. 13 seems to be the final number. We have decided to give one to Xevi so he can have it cut before he leaves and take it to DC with him. Hopefully he will take it in his hand luggage otherwise it will probably end up lost somewhere around the world as all his suitcases tend to do lately. Xevi please, show the photos and the videos we took. We aren't so bad looking.
Mua!
n

Miguel said...

Jamones contest? What the **** are u doing while you are out, Xavi?

I just wanted to say merry Xmas and happy new year, as long as we won't see each other before I go back to Helsinki. I'm glad to see that you're having fun!

Pease write (Skype qould be even better, I'm really looking forward to test my brand new bluetooth headset) as soon as you're back to DC.

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

I will be taking my JAMON in March!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Nuria!!!
Xevi bring some jamon back and i'll buy queso manchego and we'll have a tapas party.
and why aren't you updating your blog? you're going to lose all your fans...
Happy new year everyone!

miss you,
marijana

Anonymous said...

He is to lazzy to update!!! I know him quite well.

Anonymous said...

I am very confused by all this "jamones" business. Marijana tried to explain it to me, but all I got out of that was that dead pigs were handed out to various loved ones.

I would like to represent the little oinkers here and say that tossing their carcasses at your friends and family is not nice! I think PETA would have something to say about all of this!

What if your roasted body was handed out during a time of festivities!?!? How would YOU like to see your cousin or sister traded amongst another species!!?!? What if all the Grizzly Bears got together and said "Hey, you know what we should do? We should cook up some people and give them as gifts! Fattest one gets a blue ribbon!" Yeah, you wouldnt like that would you? Hmph.

I feel emotionally damaged. I think I shall sue all of you weirdo Spaniards for my damaged emotional well-being. I shall sit here and weep for the Dearly Departed Piggies. Our poor exploited brethren!

Outraged!
Anna

Anonymous said...

Anna,
I don't think you have got the right description of how jamones are done. We kill a pig, specially treated (like a king) for several years. We let the leg of the pig cure with salt for several time (even years). We used to hang them in caves, and nowadays in special factories. They are not hang in public. Hope I have explained a bit...

JMB... "JAMON POWER"

Anonymous said...

Xavier : Anyoro molt el teu bloc.

T´estimo molt

L´Avia

Anonymous said...

Thank God someone stood up for Spanish traditions!You forget about how cruel it is to kill a pig once you've tried a good jamób serrano, trust me.

Núria

Anonymous said...

banana you're hysterical i can't wait to see you again. be careful they're going to think you're serious! only anna would have the audacity to call them you weirdo spaniards on a website frequented exclusively by spaniards except for the two of us :o)
xevi christmas was weeks agooo update your blog!!! show them all our pictures from nyc.
kisses to everyone
marijana

Anonymous said...

I totally agree with Marijana. Please, Xevi, update this blog. I learned in the US that no news means good news, but that won't work for you. Come on lazy boy!!! We are all waiting to hear about all you did in NYC!
pleeeeeaseeeeeeeeee! or else you won't get your jamón with fer in february! (if this doesn't work, Marijana, I think we've lost him)
;)