Monday, December 04, 2006

El Patio de Leo

As I was saying in my last post, El Patio de Leo didn't get a "Michelin star" for next year... Well, it is a pitty, because we had a wonderful dinner there last Friday night. I went with my dad and my mom, and we got in the small dinning hall, in the basement of a house. That is one of the main objections i have to the restaurant... When I got to the restaurant I realized i was pretty under-dressed for the ocassion, with my tshirt, while my dad was wearing a suit hahaha.

We were the first costumers, and they treat in a magnificent way. They gave us bread and olive oil, and we could deep bread in oil. My dad LOVES that. I think few things make him happier than that. We got some appetizers, with yuca fries and potato fries. I ordered a carpaccio of Iberian pig "secreto" with sparragus emulsion and red fruits icecream, and my second dish was cod cooked with olive oil and fried garlic which create a white sauce (pilpil cod), with orange cream! It has been the third cot dish I have eaten this season, and it was the best so far.

Time for deserts, which was a little dissapointing from my point of view. I ordered a brownie cake without chocolate, with peach icecream, and pomelo soup. It wasnt my favourite haha. It was a great restaurant. It is close to Pinar de Chamartin (our neighbourhood), so if you want to give a good image, take your parents there!

Nota: 7.5/10

No comments: