Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Top Chef (Season 3)


Last week I started watching the 3rd season of Top Chef, my favorite reality show (see my post about the finale of the 2nd season). If you haven't watched it, this show is all about cooking. 15 people start the competition, and every episode there is a Quickfire Challenge and an Elimination Challenge. In the Quickfire Challenge the contestants have to create a small dish or an amuse-bouche with a given product or in special situation. The winner of the Quickfire gets immunity for the Elimination Challenge, where the show gets "nasty". This elimination challenge can imply different difficulties for the cooks: work with low-cholesterol food, cook in a luxurious barbecue, reinvent American classics, or cook for children.

Well, so this 3rd season, as far as the 4th episode, isn't that different from the other season. There are the typical characters: the egocentric chef, the though black guy, the crying female chef that misses her daughter, the aggressive big fat white cook... Thrilling, isn't it? I love this show, and I will keep you updated as I get closer to the finale.

No comments: