Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Top Chef, Second Season Finale

WTF!!! How could Ilan win last edition of Top Chef? I was just watching the last episode of this 2nd season of the competition, and Ilan won the final Elimination Challenge against Marcel... I have to say that Ilan is a great exponent of Spanish Coisine, as he works for a Spanish restaurant in NYC. But Marcel, without saying so, is a great reflexion of another Spanish cook, Ferran Adrià, who along with British chef Heston Blumenthal, is often associated with "molecular gastronomy".

I liked Marcel, even though he was seen sometimes as an asshole. He said it from the beginning, he was there to win, and he wasnt going to be best friend of everyone. I think he took much more risks than Ilan, and put him all the time in the edge... That is what happens when you try to be more creative than other, that you may put yourself in danger. On the other hand I have to admit that I am pleased that someone who has great love for Spanish Coisine has won the competition. Great job for both of them.

No comments: